JilStardust World

Forum

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

TND Info songs (Ne pas ouvrir si vous ne voulez pas d'info)

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    JilStardust World Index du Forum -> Actualité de David Bowie
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Anonymous
Major Tom
Major Tom

MessagePosté le: 04 Fév 2013 15:07    Sujet du message: TND Info songs (Ne pas ouvrir si vous ne voulez pas d'info) Répondre en citant

je porte ça à votre attention et c'est à ajouter aux quelques autres info que j'avais posté
on m'avait dit que "boss of me" était une tuerie, le gars ici dit que c'est le meilleur morceau de l'album

Just to make it clear: I have NOT heard the album. A friend of mine who lives in N Y has though, and has sent me these notes and has also given me the permission to share them. For what it's worth, she's a trustworthy, long-time fan who has met and talked to Earl Slick in N Y a couple of times. As you can see, there are nothing about any of the bonus tracks.

1. The Next Day
"Opens with acoustic guitar and a melody played on oboe. Then drums, piano, backing vocals and handclaps kick in. Bowie sings "Another empty day". The feel and the theme of the song feels very "English". Obviously about someone overstating his importance. Not sure whether it's about Bowie himself, or somebody else. Ends the way it started, with the guitar and the oboe melody."

2. Dirty Boys
"Starts with a wordless La-La-La melody. Very romantic, bitter-sweet and set in a wintery London with a melodic chorus. Fades out in the same La-La-La fashion it started, only this time with a big reverb. Nostalgic."

3. The Stars (Are Out Tonight)
"Brass and bass guitar intro and then Bowie enters with a wistful vocal. The beat picks up as the brass section intensifies, then slows down again until the song gradually loses the tempo completely before it comes to a halt."

4. Love Is Lost
"Up tempo pop with a xylophone ornament. Tongue-in-cheek yet with an underlying sad, lyrical twist as if sung with a forced, almost painted smile. Drums do sound somewhat treated compared to the other songs."

5. Where Are We Now?

6. Valentine's Day
"The verse has acoustic guitars and melodic bass guitar way up high in the mix, while an organ pops up in the chorus. Very wordy lyrics. Bowie starts off in character singing about his "studies" and later adopts the role of news anchor reading bulletins mentioning people "slaughtered and cremated". Some phased electronic synthesizer sounds on this one, in the style of 'Drive-In Saturday'."

7. If You Could See Me
"Wah Wah guitar, pizzicato, glockenspiel and an organ as Bowie drifts in and out of character, sometimes singing the lyric in third person, as from a distance. Wants badly to be show-stopping but the 'Scott Walker-esque' ending is not entirely convincing."

8. I'd Rather Be High
"Strings high in the mix. Bowie's vocals are a bit strained as he sings of a drinking war veteran. Has an instrumental middle section with the strings taking the lead. Just before it ends a harpsichord can be heard."

9. Boss Of Me
"A gong is being hit and then Bowie's voice kicks in, high in the mix, followed by the bass and the drums as the song slowly builds into a soaring Ziggy-esque sing-along with lots of backing vocals. The lyrics appear to be about somebody who wants to get out, break free and start over. The best track on the album."

10. Dancing Out In Space
"Somewhat folky with an acoustic guitar fingerpicking the chords fast and then Bowie singing about someone's present and future life."

11. How Does The Grass Grow?
"A catchy drum beat leads straight into a song full of starts and stops, showcasing elements from jazz as well as a sitar. The lyrics mention drugs and alcohol and someone who "Once had a name", and the song ends in a drunken stupor with the band hitting the same chord over and over again, eventually going bonkers. The ending might have benefited from Garson, though."

12. (You Will) Set The World On Fire
"Another oboe intro, followed by a verse built around piano, bass and a wash of acoustic guitars. The chorus comes with backing vocals sounding really butch. Gender-bending lyrics, though; is it about a woman or a man?"

13. You Feel So Lonely You Could Die
"A drum whirl and a jazzy electric guitar starts off this song in which Bowie sings of a lonely girl with a broken heart, accompanied by accordion, piano and strings. Short but lovely. Quaint."

14. Heat
"Begins with sound effects, rain, thunder etc and then comes Bowie's voice, a cappella. Very dark Outside-esque lyrics with Bowie in character, singing in his most theatrical manner. The rhythm track is loose to say the least, it sort of comes and goes. An album closer if there ever was one."
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Anonymous
Major Tom
Major Tom

MessagePosté le: 04 Fév 2013 17:48    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Après vérification, il semblerait que cette review ai été un joke
Un copier coller de la review de l'album Deram David Bowie...
yenyen
Padawan
Padawan

MessagePosté le: 04 Fév 2013 20:05    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Ils (elles) vont encore râler que tu balances des rumeurs... Very Happy
Anonymous
Major Tom
Major Tom

MessagePosté le: 04 Fév 2013 20:10    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

yenyen a écrit:
Ils (elles) vont encore râler que tu balances des rumeurs... Very Happy

Laughing tu as remarqué que j'ai commencé le post en ecvivant "je porte ça à votre attention" de peur de me faire tombé dessus...j'ai preferé faire un copier/coller
Anonymous
Major Tom
Major Tom

MessagePosté le: 06 Fév 2013 1:45    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

The next...

1 Févr Q Magazine ‏@QMagazine
Now then, that was a very BIG guitar, Mr Bowie is rocking... #TheNextDay

We're about halfway into #TheNextDay now and @DavidBowieReal is sounding fighting fit. It's a tough, street-

Squidgy guitars, odd brass & Bowie booming in the middle of it all, for song two... #TheNextDay

The opening track is a bit of a stomper... #TheNextDay
Anonymous
Major Tom
Major Tom

MessagePosté le: 06 Fév 2013 2:29    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

1 Févr Niall Doherty @NiallMDoherty
Bowie's #thenextday is just as brilliant on second listen, more of the songs revealing themselves. Still, that title track... amazing opener

1 Févr Niall Doherty @NiallMDoherty
@ted_chamberlain well it's 14 strictly and 3 bonus tracks. But, no, just feels like a very consistently strong collection of ace songs.

Bon voilà pour ce soir
Anonymous
Major Tom
Major Tom

MessagePosté le: 08 Fév 2013 20:53    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Ce soir ...

1 h Jude Clarke Jude Clarke þ@JudeClarke
Some #TheNextDay thoughts: 14 tracks, only 4 that were even semi duds. Shades of earlier stuff, but NEW ground too...

1 h Jude Clarke Jude Clarke þ@JudeClarke
some touching stuff about (I think) Iman, & some about (again I think) younger him/pre stardom. Lots of stars/sun/moon imagery #TheNextDay

57 min Jude Clarke Jude Clarke þ@JudeClarke
It's a Bowie album, and as oblique and opaque and sexy and considered and dark and stylish as that implies, y'know? #TheNextDay

46 min Jude Clarke @JudeClarke
Vocal as adaptable/changeable song-to-song as you'd hope. Strong, not much of Where Are We Now's frailty in evidence elsewhere. #TheNextDay

44 min Jude Clarke @JudeClarke
Closest to Lodger mebbe? SONGS echo: Fashion, Drive-In Sat, Scary Monsters. 1 v strong suggestion (delib?) of John, I'm Only... #TheNextDay

38 min Jude Clarke Jude Clarke þ@JudeClarke
Best, imo: Valentine's Day, If You Can See Me, (You Will) Set The World On Fire, You Feel So Lonely You Could Die (best), Heat #TheNextDay
Anonymous
Major Tom
Major Tom

MessagePosté le: 14 Fév 2013 0:15    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

https://mobile.twitter.com/andywelch81/status/299628558379257856
Anonymous
Major Tom
Major Tom

MessagePosté le: 22 Fév 2013 19:05    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Quelques echos de la Review de Q magazine

The song The Next day - A pounding, gorgeously moronic beat
Dirty Boys - louche, sax-driven scary monsters style
Valentines Day - full on 70's glam swagger
You feel so lonely...- the tragic tropes of drive-in saturday
If you can see me - visits his less loved 90's styles, but...the song just sweeps you away
Dancing Out in Space - surprisingly joyful and even comical, rescues that nadir of Tonight/NLMD 80's
The Stars are out tonight - a sleek jet-age construction in which Bowie looks at celebrity from within and without
WAWN? - turns up as a balm on track five, a chance to rest on memory instead of chasing and wrestling with it.
You Will Set the World on Fire - who is the star of this song and why does it take place at 'midnight in the village'

Anonymous
Major Tom
Major Tom

MessagePosté le: 23 Fév 2013 9:34    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Review mojo
http://www.divshare.com/image/23768135-db1

Il y a en à d'autres mais pas le temps de poster....

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    JilStardust World Index du Forum -> Actualité de David Bowie Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: